11.5.10

dark with happy ending



finnish designer daniel palillo is a designer going from strength to strength, taking his trademark supersized proportions and black metal aesthetics to new and exciting extremes each season. his new spring/summer collection 'renaissance' has just arrived featuring padded 3 dimensional spike shoulder pads, jester like flaps and dark prints penned by daniel himself. we probed daniel (in a nice way) about his inspirations, best fashion moments, and his knowledge of new zealand...

name of designer: daniel palillo
 
right now the time is: 10.39 am
 
and where abouts in the world are you?: helsinki, finland. my office.
 
date of birth: 7th january 1981 
 

label name: daniel palillo
 

year label started: 1996
 
my new collection is entitled: renaissance 
 

concept/motivation behind new collection: bondage, clowns and things close to me. music, art... 
 
the ultimate daniel palillo lady or gent is: it is anybody who likes my clothes. 

most exciting fashion moment? getting production started for the first time.
 
what do you know about new zealand? I dont know that much, but my ex girlfriend spent a year there and she liked it a lot. I trust her taste. 
 
shoot, shag or marry: this is hard... well I dont want to shoot anybody... but to shag, goldie hawn in old woody allen films. to marry it is too early to think this kind of things.. I get stressed when I even hear the word marriage.. 
 
complete this sentence, I had a vision and my vision was… dark with happy ending. 

thank you.

No comments:

Post a Comment